Spanish Courses in Buenos Aires: Cultural Program
Cultural Activities in Buenos Aires, Argentina
It would be a shame if we "only" taught you the Spanish language and neglected Argentina's and Latin-America's artistic, historic and literary legacy.
At Academia Buenos Aires, we believe that language and culture go hand in hand. This is why we have designed programs rich in cultural content, the degree of which varies according to the duration of your specific program and skill level.
Spot the different architectural influences due the great influx of European immigrants from the late 19th and early 20th centuries! In addition to European arquetectural influences, Buenos Aires has many recent and modern buildings, reflecting its various urban transformations.
Some of the things you will see:
- The Colón Theatre, Latin America's most important performance theatre
- National Fine Arts Museum
- MALBA (Latin-American contemporary art collection)
- Plaza de Mayo: The Presidential Palace, the National Cathedral, Avenida de Mayo and Cabildo
- The Barrio of San Telmo (which has maintained the 18th and 19th century style)
- La Boca, sight of the early European immigration, and home to the Museo Quniquela Martín
- Puerto Madero, Costanera, The Ecologic Reserve Area
Many more theme related activities related to famous argentines such as: Jorge Luis Borges, Carlos Gardel, Eva Perón, García Lorca and many more.
- Salsa classes: How could Academia Buenos Aires not have a Latin rhythm?
- Cooking classes: Typical argentine food. Learn to prepare and taste the flavors of our food. Exquisite meats and delicious wines.
- Academia Buenos Aires offers you the possibility to chat with professionals from a number of professional and academic fields: economists, sociologists, psychologists, so that students better understand the life in various sectors of Argentina
- Yoga classes: Yoga is very popular in Buenos Aires. If you are a fan of Yoga, we suggest practicing in Buenos Aires. If not, try it out! Classes are twice a week.
- Nightlife: Buenos Aires is one of the world's cities with the highest density of bars, restaurants, tango shows, discos, etc. Many claim Buenos Aires to be the city that never sleeps...
- Contemporary Dance
- Flamenco classes
- Jewelry manufacturing